Changing Scan Settings
Hello. You have arrived at an outdated topic. Please click this link to be redirected to the updated Mac User Guide.
Scan settings provide advanced users with a little more control over scanning performance.
To change the scan settings:
- Open the SecureAnywhere interface by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar, then, from the drop-down menu, select Open Webroot SecureAnywhere.
- From the menu bar, select Webroot SecureAnywhere, then Preferences.
You can also access the scan schedule by clicking the Advanced Settings button from the main interface.
- In the Preferences window, select Scan Settings
- If needed, select the Scan mounted drives checkbox to include USB flash drives, external hard drives, disk image files, and other types of mounted drives.
- The Scan for Windows threats option is automatically selected. This pertains to threats that may be carried on the Mac, but are designed to attack Windows machines.
- The Scan archived files is automatically selected. This option determines that archived files such as .ZIP are inlcluded in the scan.
- Under the Scan Type area, select one of the following radio buttons:
- As needed, do either of the following:
- When you're done, click the Close button.