Blocking or Allowing Files
Hello. You have arrived at an outdated topic. Please click this link to be redirected to the updated PC User Guide.
Block/Allow Files settings override SecureAnywhere’s default scanning and shielding behavior.
To control scanning and shielding behavior related to specific files, you can use the Block/Allow Files tab to specify one of the following actions:
- Allow — Ignore a file during scans and shielding.
- Block — Stop a file from executing or being written to your computer.
- Monitor — Watch the program to determine if it is legitimate or related to malware.
To block or allow a file:
- From the system tray, double-click the Webroot icon.
The main interface displays.
- Click the PC Security gear icon.
- Click the Block/Allow Files tab.
Any items that were previously quarantined are listed in the pane.
To add files, click the Add File button and browse to the file. You can also drag and drop a file from Explorer.
The file name displays in the File column.
For the file that you have just added, select any of the following radio buttons:
- To clear all files from the list, click the Remove All button.