Downloading Backup & Sync
Hello. You have arrived at an outdated topic. Please click this link to be redirected to the updated PC User Guide.
Downloading the component is the first step in using Backup & Sync. This procedure contains the instructions on how to do that. Once you have downloaded Backup & Sync, you must:
Configure which folders and files you want synchronized. For more information, see Synchronizing Files.
Configure which folders and files you want backed up. For more information, see Backing Up Files.
To download Backup & Sync:
- If you have not yet created a Webroot account, create one. For more information, see Creating a Webroot Account.
This is where you will access your files stored in the cloud.
- From the system tray, double-click the Webroot icon.
The main interface displays.
- Click Backup & Sync, which displays a plus sign next to it.
The system displays the Log In window.
- If prompted, enter your Webroot account credentials.
- Click the Log In button.
The system validates your Backup & Sync license and downloads the software.
- When the setup completes, click the Start using Backup & Sync button.
For subsequent visits, you can access Backup & Sync by clicking the Backup & Sync gear icon from the main panel.
The Backup & Sync panel displays.
By default, synchronization of the Anywhere folder is turned on, but you must first select files for synchronization. For more information, see Synchronizing Files.
- Backups are also turned on by default, but you must first select folders and files for backup. For more information, see Backing Up Files.